MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE (some more ports)

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Sun May 24 08:25:34 UTC 2009

On Sunday 24 May 2009 00:16:37 Maho NAKATA wrote:
> Hi I tested it yesterday,
>
> 1.
> I need
>
> > MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=        yes
>
> in the Makefile.

Yes, you would need that.  I believe that will be default.

> 2. with above patch, ooo2 doesn't launch parallele jobs.

I spotted that problem after submitting the patch, if you explicitly set
MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER to something it will work.

The problem is that ooo2 does (in effect):
.if (${MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER} > 1)
# Stuff
.else
# Other stuff
.endif
and that doesn't work as expected with MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=`sysctl kern.smp.cpus`
as the command is not resolved.

> 3. ooo3, 3-rc, 3-devel are okay with patch 1.

Good to hear.