port net/openldap24-sasl-client fails to register as dependency

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Fri May 22 03:09:06 UTC 2009

Xin LI wrote:

> Panagiotis Christias wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> (I am adding freebsd-ports@ to the thread as you suggested)
>>

>> Xin LI wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Panagiotis,

>>> I am aware of this problem but I don't have a good solution for it (at
>>> hand), this is an infrastructural issue with the ports dependency
>>> tracking - if two ports installs exactly the same files, there is no way
>>> to distinguish between the two without forcing to install one even if a
>>> conflicting one is already installed.
>> Hm.. messy. How does lang/perl5.[6,8,10] handle such problems?
>
> Install an entry into /etc/make.conf, I think it's Ok for perl (since
> there are a lot of ports depends on it) but not for OpenLDAP...

Ok, then how about dropping the net/openldap24-sasl-client port and adding
an SASL OPTIONS entry to the net/openldap24-client port, like the server port?

Regards,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE