portupgrade -R order

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue May 19 20:16:30 UTC 2009

Andrew W. Nosenko ha scritto:

>> I would guess openoffice.org requires gcc43 to build, but then, shouldn't it
>> be handled *before*?
>
> Whether OOo requires gcc-4.3 indeed?  Not "customized" version of
> gcc-3.4 (ooo-gcc if I recall correctly...)?

No. I'm really talking about lang/gcc43.

> About another ports: the was majority of prorts doen't require any
> specific GCC version supplied in ports, but use system-default gcc
> instead (/usr/bin/gcc), therefore, order of building gcc-4.3 from
> ports is irrelevant.

Ok, but I guess we have two cases:
a) OOO requires gcc43 (either directly or through another dependency):
then I guess gcc43 should be build before OOO;
b) OOO does not require gcc43 at all: then I see no reason for it to be
upgraded.

In any case I see no point in building it after OOO. Perhaps I'm missing
something?

(Again, you can substitute OOO and gcc with other ports in different
scenarios).

  bye & Thanks
	av.