cvs commit: ports/net Makefile ports/net/bwi-firmware-kmod Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 17 08:09:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 01:52:10 -0500
Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Ion-Mihai Tetcu
> <itetcu at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 May 2009 18:15:52 -0700
> > Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> >> Would it be safe to remove if it's empty?
> >
> > Doh! I don't see why not. :-)
> >
> I performed a test where only bwi_v3_ucode.ko was installed into a
> directory, ran kldxref on the directory and it created a 88 byte
> linker.hints file.  I then removed the kernel module from the
> directory, ran kldxref.  Kldxref removed the empty linker.hints file.
>
> So it looks like all kernel module ports should have this code added
> to their pkg-plists:
>
> %%KMODDIR%%/kernel_module.ko
> @exec kldxref %%KMODDIR%%
> @unexec kldxref %%KMODDIR%%
>

> The bwi-firmware-kmod port had these changes applied on 5/16, and QAT
> shouldn't be reporting this error any more.

I'll commit to the rest of them if maintainers don't fix them
themselves in a few days.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B