Amavis::SpamControl->new not found

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri May 15 12:58:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 01:53:35PM +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:

>   # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/amavisd start
>   Starting amavisd.
>   Can't locate object method "new" via package "Amavis::SpamControl" at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 13878.
>
> On this particular server, I don't want spam check at all, so /usr/local/etc/amavisd.conf states :
>
>   @bypass_spam_checks_maps  = (1);  # controls running of anti-spam code
>
> which doesn't seem to be overriden anwhere else.
>
> Line 13878 of /usr/local/sbin/amavisd states :
>
>   $spamcontrol_obj = Amavis::SpamControl->new  if $extra_code_antispam;
>
> Considering I don't need spam check at all, I tried commenting this line and
> amavisd-new started and seemed to work.

Today, I tried something different :

  . comment @bypass_spam_checks_maps  = (1); in amavisd.conf, thus getting the
     default as stated in amavid, which is

     @bypass_spam_checks_maps = (
      \%bypass_spam_checks, \@bypass_spam_checks_acl, \$bypass_spam_checks_re);

  . assume that spam checks won't be launched even if I commented
    @bypass_spam_checks_maps since my amavisd.conf states

    $sa_mail_body_size_limit = 1; # don't waste time on SA if mail is larger
    # default: undef, no limitations

Although amavisd launch succeeded then, as a side effet I got many messages
returned with