octave forge update issues

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Fri May 8 23:03:49 UTC 2009

I am the octave-forge maintainer.

The octave forge source files have been updated.  Quite a few of the new
source packages require octave-devel (3.1.55) instead of octave itself.
  I am not quite sure what to do.  I was hoping some end users could
give me their opinion.  Here are some options:

1.  Leave it all alone until octave catches up to octave-devel.
2.  Make octave-forge pull in octave-devel as a dependency instead of
octave.

I am sure that there are many other options as well, which you should
also send to me.

Stephen