[MAINTAINER] Re: ports/134156: Unable to build updated: e2fsprogs-libuuid-1.41.5

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed May 6 19:23:11 UTC 2009

Greetings,

the attached patch changes two ports and should fix this bug.

* misc/e2fsprogs-libuuid:

  - bump revision, as we're changing files and fixing a bug even for
    those who had successfully built libuuid before
  - patch one more source file to make sure the clock.txt state file
    gets saved to the right directory
  - try to run the newly-build uuidd for our self-test (ignoring
    failures, as they are non-fatal)
  - (the actual build fix is inherited from the other port)

* sysutils/e2fsprogs:

  - add files/patch-uuid-loop to actually fix the "self-test does not
    terminate" bug. What causes the client to see EOF prematurely or the
    server to fail to send a response remains unknown, but we'll fix the
    worse part of the issue: loop on EOF (read returning 0).

diffstat:

 misc/e2fsprogs-libuuid/Makefile          |    9 +-
 misc/e2fsprogs-libuuid/files/uuidd.in    |    8 +-
 sysutils/e2fsprogs/files/patch-uuid-loop |  117 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Matthias Andree