[munin-users] Replacement for "hdparm -C"?

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Wed May 6 13:26:34 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, 2009-05-06 at 14:29:05 +0300, Sergey A. Kobzar wrote:

> This should help:

> SMARTCTL(8):

>        -n POWERMODE, --nocheck=POWERMODE
>               Specifieds if smartctl should exit before performing any  checks
>               when  the  device is in a low-power mode. It may be used to pre-
>               vent a disk from being spun-up by smartctl. The  power  mode  is
>               ignored by default. The allowed values of POWERMODE are:

That's what I get for trusting a change to the plugin was really
necessary, an RTFM :-(

Since this parameter was introduced "Thu Jul 20 20:59:45 2006 UTC (2
years, 9 months ago)" according to CVS, we can safely assume that it is
available on all platforms.

I'll send an accordingly modified plugin to the PR and the PR's sender
for testing. When it tests OK, I'll do the change in the Munin SVN.

Thanks a lot, Sergey!
Lupe Christoph
--
| There is no substitute for bad design except worse design.                   |
| /me                                                                          |