request for a new port review [memtest86+]

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 06:51:59 PDT 2009

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 11/03/2009 15:37 Eitan Adler said the following:
>> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> could you please review the below port for correctness, style and general approach
>>> taken by me.
>> http://isis.poly.edu/~eitan/files/patch-memtest86+-port.diff
>> Apply this patch then install the port "portlint" and run portlint -CNA.
>>
>> Always use tabs - not spaces.
>
> Something must have been screwed during transfer, I do have tabs not spaces here -
> otherwise makefile syntax would be incorrect, nothing would work and I wouldn't
> even attempt to submit such a mess.

These are the commands I used to fetch and extract:
$fetch http://www.icyb.net.ua/~avg/memtest86+.port.shar.txt
$sh memtest86+.port.shar.txt
$cd memtest86+
$portlint -CNA

Either way run portlint -CNA.  When this passes submit a PR with the
port. Also since you don't have spaces my diff won't apply but I think
you should change BOOT_DIR=	/boot/opt to  BOOT_DIR?=	/boot/opt so the
location can be specified by the user.

--
Eitan Adler
"Security is increased by designing for the way humans actually behave."