portmanager modifying bsd.port.mk

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 8 14:04:12 PDT 2009

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 14:40:08 -0400
Chuck Robey <chuckr at telenix.org> wrote:

> Here's the portmanager listing, maybe someone here can tell me what's
> causing portmanager to want to patch my bsd.port.mk, and why the
> patchfile should be so far off, and what might be the CORRECT way to
> fix this.  Oh, BTW, I run current, and keep myself that way via cvsup.

IIRC the patch was made so that when portmanager built a port, the
makefile would call back into  portmanager to let it modify the
dependencies. Portmanager had a major rewrite just before the  original
author had a row with some FreeBSD people and abandoned the project.
AFAIK the feature wasn't yet used, so it doesn't matter if the patch
doesn't apply since it's a null operation.