FreeBSD Port: devel/boost-python

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 00:54:59 UTC 2009

2009/6/16 martinko <gamato at users.sf.net>:
> Hallo,
>
> I've installed graphics/gimp which installed devel/boost.
> Now I'm trying to install x11/kdebase4* that want devel/boost-python which
> is in conflict with devel/boost.
> I don't think I've modified any port options, therefore I'm wondering why
> the ports fail to install. :-/
> What should I do to remedy the situation pls ?

Either uninstall graphics/gimp and devel/boost. First install
devel/boost-python then graphics/gimp.

Or use either portupgrade or pormaster to replace devel/boost with
devel/boost-python:

If using portupgrade:
  # portupgrade -o devel/boost-python devel/boost

  If using portmaster:
  # portmaster -o ldevel/boost-python devel/boost

Scot