Nessus 4.0.1 for FreeBSD

Jason Chambers jchambers at ucla.edu
Tue Jun 16 23:59:54 UTC 2009

Paul Schmehl wrote:

> Apparently persistence pays off.  After installing (using pkg_add), and
> had to run nessusd -R twice to fix the plugins dbs so that the daemon
> would start and run properly.
>
> So anyone who's trying to do this, after registering and fetching the
> plugins, run nessusd -R twice (if it craters the first time, as it did
> for me) before starting the daemon.  After that everything should work
> as expected.

Had this same problem as I'm sure everyone else does.  I manually update
plugins with nessus-update-plugins and find that after doing so you have
to rerun the rebuild (nessusd -R) before restarting.  Might be the case
after you restart nessus with auto-update enabled??  Anyway, the forums
at discussions.nessus.org are the best place for help.

--Jason