VirtualBox regression in the ports tree

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:27:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Richard Kuhns<rjk at wintek.com> wrote:
> Martin Wilke wrote:
>
>>    http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/virtualbox_6.tgz
>>
>>  Happy Testing!
>
> This worked perfectly when built and installed under 7.2-STABLE (i386) as of a
> couple of days ago.
>
> I just uninstalled it, and built and installed VirtualBox in the ports tree. My
> machine paniced when I tried to kldload vboxdrv (running X, so I couldn't see
> the message(s)).

Take a look in /var/crash for a 'vmcore.N' dump.  If it exists, you
can get debugging information by doing:

cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
kgdb kernel.debug /var/crash/vmcore.N (replacing 'N' with the latest
crash file number).

To get the backtrace, type 'bt' in kgdb.

Full debugging information can be found at:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

--
Glen Barber