The mistake of blender-2.49

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:37:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

yes, I can second that.
My guess is that the blender crew reviewed the bugs reported for
Blender 2.49, and updated the source tarball without changing its
version number. The review was to be held on June the 7th, according
to the website. But there's no information of its outcome.
>From what I gathered all known sites have a tarball of the same size:
- public.planetmirror.com
- mirror.cs.umn.edu
- download.blender.org

The tarball appears to be fine, though, no error is reported while
untaring it, so this should be no case of a truncated upload.

I'm currently trying to compile blender with NO_CHECKSUM=yes set.

Regards
Christian