Why not use normal CONFLICTS in lang/gcc43 instead of custom?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jun 13 15:42:51 UTC 2009

Hello Gerald,

I am trying to install x11/gnome2 last night and the build has gotten stop
at lang/gcc43, because of conflict with lang/gcc295. But wait, I don't
have lang/gcc295 install. I only have ccache installed that has put
'gcc295' in /usr/local/libexec/ccache/ and this path is in the front of my
PATH. It caused lang/gcc43 to find it by mistake.

-----------------------------------
# ls -l /usr/local/libexec/ccache/ | grep 295
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  21 June 12 14:36 g++295@ ->
/usr/local/bin/ccache
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  21 June 12 14:36 gcc295@ ->
/usr/local/bin/ccache

# echo $PATH
/usr/local/libexec/ccache:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/bin
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------
pre-extract:
	@# Building libgcj with lang/gcc295 installed is causing a failure
	@# about "hidden symbol `__eprintf'" in libgcc.a(_eprintf.o).
	@if type gcc295 >/dev/null ; then \
	  echo "This port will not build in the presence of lang/gcc295."; \
	  exit 1; \
	fi

Puzzled me for you to not use the CONFLICTS, so why not use it? If you
really can't use CONFLICTS, then can you use the full path of gcc295?
Thanks.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team