Python 2.6 update with portmaster

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 15:29:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:44:41 +0200
Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan at gmail.com> wrote:

>2009/6/10 Wesley Shields <wxs at freebsd.org>:
>> Here's a patch[1] that allows you to use portmaster when doing the
>> python upgrade. I intend to commit this tomorrow morning unless
>> someone speaks up. I'll also be adding the instructions to the
>> UPDATING entry.
>>
>> Once applied you should be able to use:
>>
>> cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages
>> -DUSE_PORTMASTER
>>
>> It will be quite slow compared to using pkg_which (the normal
>> method) so be patient. I've used this patch to upgrade one lightly
>> used machine and I know at least one other person has survived an
>> upgrade of a machine with over 1000 ports installed.
>>
>> [1]: http://people.freebsd.org/~wxs/python26-portmaster.diff
>>
>I applied the patch, but there is something wrong:
>
>> # make upgrade-site-packages -DUSE_PORTMASTER
>> Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "}")
>> *** Error code 2
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/python.
>
>Regards,
>René

IMHO, it seems like there is a lot of energy being spent on this rather
trivial problem. Why not just use the 'portupgrade' solution and be
done with it. This is not like it happens everyday. After all, it is
only one port.

Just my 2¢.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.