porting: Linux to Freebsd

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Tue Jun 9 12:34:48 UTC 2009

Alexander Leidinger writes:

>  >>  Obvious question but if you edited configure.ac, you did remember to
>  >>  rerun autoconf afterwards didn't you?
>  >
>  > 	Uh ... no.  (When I said "complete novice", wasn't kidding. :-)
>
>  Not knowing C/++ when you want to port a C/C++ program makes it very
>  hard for you to reach your goal...

	C, I know.  (Though not as much as other folks.)
	GNU build tools ... not so much.
	:-)

	Anyway: many hours of compilation later, I hit this:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lttf

	Quick checking suggests libttf is a Linux-ism, replaced by
libfreetype.  Is this correct, and if so can I just (temporarily)
make the change in the list of libraries?

					Robert Huff