gnome-screensaver wirdness

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Tue Jun 9 00:18:55 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues,

on a couple of my workstations, after portupgrading, I've found that
gnome-screensaver after activating renders X unusable, as it shows desktop with
password dialog box for fraction of second, then blanks it back.  Killing
gnome-xscreensaver from other console helps, but it does not seem for me to be
a solution.

previously, I found it would be glitches with hald/dbus, and step-by-step
shutdown of these services and then starting them helped, but now it's not the
case: even reboot does not fix this.

Any hints? Thanks!

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]