porting: Linux to Freebsd

Mon Jun 8 08:20:32 UTC 2009

Quoting Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> (from Mon, 8 Jun 2009
01:01:32 -0400):

> 	Is there anyone out there with experience porting from Linux to
> FreeBSD and/or writing code for both who can spare a few cycles to
> help a complete novice figure out what's different (and how to fix
> it)?

Have a look at http://wiki.freebsd.org/AvoidingLinuxisms for some
generic advise. Feel free to propose things to add there (or add them
yourself, we hand out write access upon request).

If you do not know how to port a specific part of an application to
FreeBSD, feel free to ask here (or on a more specific ML, e.g. if it
is network related, the network ML of FreeBSD is maybe better suited).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The plural of spouse is spice.