portupgrade and ruby-1.8.7.160

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sun Jun 7 10:19:39 UTC 2009

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to ruby-1.8.7.160 on two separate hosts this
past week, portupgrade has been complaining with:

       ** Database file locked. Waiting.
or     ** Stale lock removed.

even if there is only one portupgrade process that's running. If I
revert back to ruby-1.8.7.72, these warnings go away.

I wouldn't mind these warnings so much, except that the "Database file
locked" message also has an annoying timeout period associated with
it.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>