emulators/kqemu-kmod-devel: Exec format error

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Sat Jun 6 19:07:15 UTC 2009

Thus spake Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> [Sat, 6 Jun 2009 19:11:13 +0200 (CEST)]:
: >kqemu-kmod-devel is failing to load for me:
: >
: >-----
: ># kldload kqemu
: >kldload: can't load kqemu: Exec format error
: >#
: >-----
:
: Weird.  Anything in dmesg?

Agreed.  And nope, nothing in dmesg.

: >It's been about a month since I last used qemu, and my kernel is -CURRENT from 2009/05/19.  Because I'd upgraded my kernel since last using qemu, I re-compiled kqemu-kmod-devel, which upgraded me from 1.4.0.p1_2 to 1.4.0.p1_3, and now I can't load kqemu.
: >
: >I don't see anything in UPDATING, nor have I changed anything that might affect the build (make.conf is still the same).  I've since completely removed my kqemu install, and re-installed it, but that hasn't helped.
: >
: >Something else I've missed?
:
:  You say your kernel is -CURRENT from 2009/05/19, is your userland also
: in sync with that?  What do
: 	ident /usr/include/sys/param.h
: 	grep define.__FreeBSD_version /usr/include/sys/param.h
: say?

My userland's rarely out-of-sync; unless I'm chasing down a specific bug, or
expect the kernel won't last very long, I always update userland as well.

FWIW, I updated kernel and userland yesterday, and kqemu loads fine now.

<shrug>