multimedia/libdvdnav and libdvdread, libdvdcss

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at martymac.com
Wed Jun 3 07:15:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009 22:36:12 +0200, Christian Walther wrote

Hi Christian,

> In all other cases it would be interesting to know how to proceed from here.
> Can anybody verify this issue? Should I open a PR?

Yes, libdvdnav uses its own version of libdvdread, but I remember having played
css-encrypted content successfully without any hack.

Several weeks ago, I had sent a PR to suggest a switch from the old libdvdnav to
a newer, cleaner, version (currently available in multimedia/libdvdnav-mplayer),
which is a fork of the old, unmaintained, version by the Mplayer team.

Here is the PR (waiting for commit) :

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/131969

This version uses multimedia/libdvdread and does not include its own libdvdread
anymore. You can try the patch, but it must be a bit outdated since the ports
tree evolves continually :p

Best regards,

Ganaël LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche at martymac.com