net/p5-Net-Twitter broken

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Fri Jul 31 06:57:23 UTC 2009

On Thu 2009-07-30 09:21:27 UTC+0200, Cezary Morga (cm at therek.net) wrote:

> >Warning: prerequisite MooseX::MultiInitArg 0 not found.
> >Writing Makefile for Net::Twitter
> >
> >Is MooseX::MultiInitArg hidden somewhere in the ports tree?
>
> Nope. It's a missing dependency (also visible here
> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-7-latest-logs/p5-Net-Twitter-3.03000.log).
>
> Please, fill in a PR for this. If you can prepare a proper patch for
> the new port and modification to net/p5-Net-Twitter/Makefile that
> would be even better.

I'll attempt a PR, but I'm not at all competent enough in Perl to be
confident in providing a patch.

I have to wonder - why have these recent versions of this port been
committed but not tested?

If it was tested, presumably it would be flagged as "BROKEN".

But isn't the rationale of the Ports tree to have buildable, working
software?