ports/130218 Maintainer timeout? (lang/ghc update)

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 14 03:00:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:33:57PM -0400, L Campbell wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM, L Campbell<llc2w at virginia.edu> wrote:
> > I've attached my current diff on the Makefile; I'll post a full diff
> > when I've got the pkg-plist built; definitely want to have some more
> > eyes testing it (and I still need to test it on an i386 box) to make
> > sure nothing is completely foobar.
>
> Generated a trash pkg-plist which probably needs to be cleaned up (the
> current version uses GHC_LIBDIR_REL, etc, and probably some other
> things). Should be fine to test with, though.
>
> Things that still need to be done --
>
> * Make sure it builds and works on i386

I can do the build testing on i386 and amd64, but not much more than
that.

> * Thumb through the ghc regressions test suite to make sure nothing
> horrible is failing (and fix the things that I suspect are horribly
> broken)
> * Run through all the Haskell ports and see what breaks with them (oh boy lol)

Again, I can do build testing on both i386 and amd64 for these, but not
much more than that (you'll have to provide me a list of what to test)

> I don't expect to be ready to submit a PR until this weekend.

Please submit it as a followup to the existing PR and CC me on it so I
can work with you to make sure it gets committed.

-- WXS