can you PLEASE _read_ the QAT mails? (was: Re: Question about a failure report)

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 5 08:15:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 19:10:18 -0400
Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net> wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu> wrote:
>
> > --On Friday, July 03, 2009 15:08:31 -0500 Alex Goncharov
> > <alex-goncharov at comcast.net
> > > wrote:
> >

> >> ,--- You/Paul (Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:56:48 +0000) ----*
> >> it's | not installed.  For some reason,
> >>
> >> If MySQL is in BUILD or LIB _DEPENDS .

       SIGH SIGH SIGH

<RANT>

People, exactly what can I do to make you actually *read* THE BIG
LETTERS in the QAT and QATty mails?

Is there a better wording of those mails?

Should I send HTML mails and use bold and font size = 24?

Put pictures of naked women in them each pointing to a piece of
information?

I think you have all the information you need in each of those emails;
you can sort them via the custom headers;
you even have a direct link to the archived WRKDIR;
etc.

I've spent about 2 hours per day, each day, in the last 14 months
running QAT and QATty to provide on-commit testing and get the period
of time a port is broken to a minumun; and doing testing for non-default
configurations that we claim we support and that were never tested
on Pointy.

This is so very frustrating.

</RANT>

Paul, I'm not picking on you, it's just that it's the 4th mail I get in
the last days showing the same thing.
Sigh, at lest this one was a question, not trying to convince me QATty
setup is wrong because we don't support non-default configs.

For short, your port's configure script fails to search for mysql
headers in the right place; QATty has LOCALBASE and PREFIX set
to /usr/PPP. If you can't sorted out in a few days drop me an email and
I'll take a look.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B