firefox[2,3] will not start after recent ports upgrade

Cezary Morga cm at therek.net
Sat Jan 31 05:52:50 PST 2009

Alexander Konovalenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after recent port upgrade firefox2 and firefox3 do not work anymore.
> When I start any of them nothing happens, no error message or window
> appears.

Is it only Firefox or maybe other GTK2 apps are also affected?

I've run into similar problem after January 14th Gnome/GTK+ update,
which was acutally my fault, as I haven't upgraded it properly.
Recompiling Firefox along with the ports it depends on did the trick:

portupgrade -Rf firefox

--
Cezary Morga
"Dreams age faster than dreamers" (Stephen King)