vlc & mplayer lost window borders and controls

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 27 11:40:54 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 10:05 -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:05:35AM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> > >$ gmplayer
> > >MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
> > >CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor (Family: 16, Model: 2,
> > >Stepping: 3)
> > >[...]
> > >[ws] Error in display.
> > >[ws]  Error code: 10 ( BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> > >denied) )
> > >[ws]  Request code: 146
> > >[ws]  Minor code: 1
> > >[ws]  Modules: (NULL)
> >
> > 	Have you read / followed through UPDATING yet? Everything based on
> > xcb has to be rebuilt (I'm still working on fixing my forked up copy
> > of xchat2).
>
> I have rebuilt everything that depends on libxcb, and I see the above,
> yes.

Yes, there is something wrong with gmplayer... I have no idea what, but
I also see this behavior.  mplayer from cmdline works fine.  Hopefully
someone with more knowledge of gmplayer innards can look at it.

robert.