x11/libXrandr, x11-toolkits/libXmu, graphics/jasper fails to build

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Mon Jan 26 21:29:06 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 22:04 -0500, Robert Noland wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 11:22 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> > Here's another one:
> >
> > /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC    --mode=link cc -D_THREAD_SAFE
> > -I/usr/local/include   -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include
> > -DMALLOC_0_RETURNS_NULL -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -version-number
> > 2:1:0 -no-undefined  -o libXrandr.la -rpath /usr/local/lib Xrandr.lo
> > XrrConfig.lo XrrCrtc.lo XrrMode.lo  XrrOutput.lo XrrProperty.lo
> > XrrScreen.lo -L/usr/local/lib -lX11   -L/usr/local/lib -lXext -lXrender
> > -lX11
> > grep: /usr/local/lib/libxcb-xlib.la: No such file or directory
> > sed: /usr/local/lib/libxcb-xlib.la: No such file or directory
> > libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/libxcb-xlib.la' is not a valid libtool
> > archive
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > I tried a search myself: ng.
> > I tried to find a config switch for libxcb: ng.
> >
> > Let me know what else you need or what I can do to help here. Obviously
> > other ports are dependent on these and are therefore failing as well.
> > FWIW this is an upgrade using portupgrade.
>
> This is fallout from the libxcb update.  xcb-xlib no longer exists, you
> need to update everything that depends on libxcb using your preferred
> method.
>
> robert.

I'm now aware of that, but I'm trying to do the updates and nothing is
working because they're all still asking for that package. I have to
admit I'm not 100% proficient with updating to handle curl balls like
this; can you supply some pointers as to how to get around this?

I'd also like to point out that I just rebooted and X died in the
hole... :) Missing rgb files and what not

Thanks