vlc & mplayer lost window borders and controls

Philipp Ost pj at smo.de
Mon Jan 26 10:54:34 PST 2009

icemaca wrote:
[...]
> the packages work fine, which is ver 0.8.x something i think for vlc,
> but updating to 0.9.x in ports produced this problem and i am not sure
> if it is something in the config options or other missing depends.
[...]

The vlc folks switched to a Qt-based interface. There's an option to
build it or not (--> make config); work's fine here (apart from the fact
that I now have a near complete installation of Qt-4 floating around on
my disk... for one program -- OK, this is way off topic here, I know).

HTH,
Philipp