Unable to build ntp-devel

GESBBB gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 03:48:29 PST 2009

I recently updated Perl to 5.8.9 and ran the update script. There were no apparent problems. I have now tried to update the net/ntp-devel port to version 4.2.5p156 without success. Apparently, ntp-devel is looking the incorrect version of perl. The build ends with this error message:

cc: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/net/ntp-devel/work/ntp-dev-4.2.5p156/ntpsnmpd.
*** Error code 1

Apparently, that file does not exist. I tried check in the /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/mach/auto/DynaLoader/ directory, and the file is not there either.

1) Why is the build process looking in the wrong directory to start with? I updated Perl correctly, so it should be looking in the "5.8.9" directory.

2) How do I correct this problem.

 I can supply a copy of the build process upon request. It is also available here:

        http://seibercom.net/logs/ntp.txt

--
Gerard
gesbbb at yahoo.com