Perl upgrade fails

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu Jan 15 22:18:55 PST 2009

On 2009-Jan-16 07:02:58 +0100, Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap at gmx.de> wrote:
>#cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/files/
># ./perl-after-upgrade
>-su: ./perl-after-upgrade: %%PERL%%: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

You need to run the installed perl-after-upgrade.  From an arbitrary
directory, run perl-after-upgrade, check for errors and if all is OK,
run "perl-after-upgrade -f", then check for leftovers.  See the
perl-after-upgrade manpage for more details.

>PS.I Ig if type just "perl" in the shel, nothing happens, it waiting endless

perl is waiting for you to enter a perl script.  Try (eg) 'perl -V'.

--
Peter Jeremy