Perl upgrade question

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Wed Jan 14 15:35:49 PST 2009

Paul Macdonald wrote:

>>     Having gotten that far, I've got 40+ files - or at
>> least directories - in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8.  Most
>> have the ".pm" extension, with a few ".so", ".bs", and ".packlist"
>> thrown in.  No ".ph"
>>     Am I in trouble?  And if so, what next?
>>
>>     Respectfully,
>>

> Hi robert,
>
> I ran the upgrade script (without looking at those files) on 1 box that
> runs multiple perly things this morning  (spamassassin, mrtg etc )  and
> nothing has broken as yet..
>
> I nearly choked on my muesli seeing i had 30 boxes all needing a perl
> upgrade this morning

You are lucky.
I did portmaster perl-5.8.8_1 and then perl-after-upgrade and
perl-after-upgrade -f. Then I tried to restart spamassassin and amavisd
- both end with some error wich were fixed by reinstalling these ports
by portmaster too. Same it is for autoconf and other tools - they are
not working till reinstall.

Miroslav Lachman