comms/gammu: preliminary patch to talk SDP

Marcin Cieslak saper at system.pl
Mon Jan 12 23:30:04 PST 2009

Hello,

Attached please find a preliminary support to make gammu discover the
Bluetooth RFCOMM channel number using sdp(3).

The patch currently has a hard-coded search for the "OBEX File Transfer"
class, as I have some trouble understanding reasons for logic behind
"bluetooth_checkservicename()" function (in common/device/devfunc.c).

This code correctly parses SDP response and extracts the RFCOMM channel
for the desired protocol. I have basically copied the code from
sdpcontrol(8) to do this.

I am unable to test this further as I cannot figure out the correct way
to talk to my phone (My Nokia refuses to talk on the OBEX File
Transfer RFCOMM channel #10 despite being advertised via SDP), but this
code delivers the expected channel number to the Bluetooth connect(2) call.

Probably it can be made usable for most of the people in a short time
therefore I thought somebody will be able to pick it from there.

Btw, the maintainer's email address (bsm at ...) bounces.

--Marcin