testing rnoland's xorg upgrade patch -- error

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 8 16:18:24 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 18:46 -0500, Eitan Adler wrote:
> Robert Noland wrote:
> > I just rolled up a new patchset.  This has not been through tinderbox
> > yet, so you have been warned...  This update should pretty much have us
> > current with all released xorg bits.
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/xorg-update-010809.patch.bz2
> >
> > robert.
> >

> I didn't test this patchset yet but the previous one caused X to either
> freeze and not accept any input including ctrl+alt+bksp or cause my
> computer to go blank and beep three times.

Would need more specifics to even guess what could have been wrong...
Most particularly what hardware, gfx chip, i386/amd64 and which drivers
were involved, steps to reproduce the issue if any.  Basically, the more
info the better.

> Also make sure to include xorg-minimal in the patch.  I don't see it.

Not sure who signed up to maintain that... It wasn't me... ;)

robert.