Creating New Port

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 10:49:09 PST 2009

I am attempting to create my first port. I seem to have run into a
problem thought.

I want to create a port for a Perl module,
'Captcha-reCAPTCHA-Mailhide'. I created the test port
in /usr/ports/local/p5-Captcha-reCAPTCHA-Mailhide. The port builds OK.
The problem is when I try to create the pkg-plist. I followed (I think)
the instructions in the "Porter's Handbook". Specifically this portion:

# mkdir /var/tmp/$(make -V PORTNAME)

When I run the line of above, this is what I get back:

mkdir /var/tmp/$(make -V Captcha-reCAPTCHA-Mailhide)
mkdir: /var/tmp/: File exists

It never creates the desired directory. I have tried including the
version number in the above; however, that doesn't work either. Since
this is my first port, I am confused as to what I am doing wrong.

I can supply the 'Makefile' if it is needed.

Thanks!

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

I'm really enjoying not talking to you...
Let's not talk again REAL soon...