looking for a tool which handles pdf files

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Jan 6 20:22:59 UTC 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 8:11 AM, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> I have a bunch of postcript files (generated by gschem) in various
> pagesizes (A0-A2). I want to have the generated PS files belonging
> to the
> same device in a multipaged PDF. Until now I'm cat-ing the ps files
> together doing some awk magic to get a multipage ps. I then convert
> the
> multipage PS file via ps2pdf to a multipage PDF. My problem now is,
> that
> ps2pdf can only set a general pagesize - so A0 for all pages for
> example
> - as far as I know.
>
> I'm now looking for a tool which creates a multipage PDF with
> different
> pagesizes each page (if wanted). Someone told me pdftk could do this
> but
> I run an amd64 so no gcj/pdftk for me...
>
> Someone knows another tool which would fit here?

You might look into the enscript or nenscript ports (/usr/ports/print/
enscript-a4, /usr/ports/print/nenscript); while enscript itself is
intended for converting ASCII to PS, I recall that they also came with
some utilities like psnup and so forth that would do a better job of
gluing together and N-uping your documents.

However, I don't recall anything which would support a document
consisting of different page sizes; for most people, that sort of
thing would be separate documents.

--
-Chuck