OpenLDAP induced PORTREVISION bumps

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Tue Jan 6 00:18:44 UTC 2009

I just face many large ports requiring updates, although mine depend on
openldap23-client, which have not been updated. Thus, I decided to
investigate changing openldap23-client to openldap24-client.

According to 'libchk -v', only 10 of 29 of my ports bumped actually link
to one of the openldap libraries. (For example kdesdk3 does not link to
it.) Do I miss something? Why have all these ports been bumped?

devel/gconf2 did not get bumped, although it automatically picks up the
dependency if openldap*-client is installed, which probably affects many
people. Why? Because it does not affect the default package?

If I update openldap23-client to openldap24-client, is it advisable to
rebuild all packages depending on it (81) or just the 29 that got bumped
plus gconf2? (According to UPDATING, it probably should be all.
According to 'libchk -v', 10+1 should be enough.)

Thanks,
Jan Henrik