Problem with octave-forge-ann port

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Mon Jan 5 06:56:00 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

I have this problem in that if the octave-forge-ann port is installed,
then when I exit octave, octave crashes.  This is a problem with
FreeBSD-CURRENT on an amd64 machine, but not on FreeBSD-STABLE on i386
machines.

First, I am asking for "me-too" reports, so that I can get some idea for
what OS versions this is a problem.

Second, if some kind soul wants to investigate the problem and submit a
fix, I would be very happy.  (Don't bother to contact the maintainer of
the port, because that is me!)

Here is a copy of the error that octave gives when it exits:

Assertion failed: ((run->regs_mask[elm] & (1U << bit)) == 0), function
arena_run_reg_dalloc, file /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c, line 2543.
panic: Abort trap: 6 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
error: octave_base_value::save_binary(): wrong type argument `swig_packed'
save to `octave-core' complete
Abort (core dumped)