amule 2.2.3 port - first try

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 20:50:01 UTC 2009

A small update: I have fixed the man pages problem. Since the fr man
pages are incomplete, I have to gzip them manually in the post-install
target (this is actually the way it was done in the previous version
of the port.
The rest was simply adding all the language man pages to Makefile.man.
New Makefile and Makefile.man attached.

Now I am wondering what to do with other docs. I have set this in Makefile:

DOCSDIR=        ${PREFIX}/share/doc/aMule-${PORTVERSION}

Looking at /usr/local/share/doc, this seems to be the most usual way to do it.

But the docs files are located in $DISTNAME/docs (or $WRKSRC/docs, so
I hve set PORTDOCS like this:
PORTDOCS=       docs/AUTHORS docs/COPYING docs/Changelog docs/Doxyfile
docs/EC_Protocol.txt \
                docs/ED2K-Links.HOWTO docs/INSTALL docs/README*
docs/Releases.dia docs/TODO \
                docs/amule-win32.HOWTO.txt docs/amulesig.txt
docs/license.txt docs/socks4.protocol

But then the ports system thinks that the files are installed in
$DOCSDIR/docs, and puts that in PLIST. Not good.

I would prefer to keep DOCSDIR like it is.
Is it a way to get the files into PORTDOCS so that they get recorded
correctly in PLIST?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen