Message when updating ports

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Mon Feb 9 08:51:40 PST 2009

Doug Barton skrev:
> Leslie Jensen wrote:
>> I've obviously got a problem with several of my +CONTENTS files.
>>
>> I've got help from the list to edit some of the files, but I get a
>> feeling that I need to replace the /var/db/pkg/* infrastructure. Can it
>> be done and how do I go about it?
>>
>> Otherwise I'd be glad if someone will give me a suggestion on how I
>> should solve the problem below?
>>
>> : Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend/work/glib-2.18.4/g
>> io/fam'
>> ===>   Registering installation for gio-fam-backend-2.18.4
>> ===>  Cleaning for gio-fam-backend-2.18.4
>>
>> ===>>> Updating package dependency entry for each dependent port
>>         ===>>> devel/dbus-glib is listed as a dependency
>>         ===>>> but there is no installed version
>
> As Scot told you a while ago, your /var/db/pkg/* files are corrupt. To
> fix this exact problem you need to do 'portmaster devel/dbus-glib'
> which will rebuild the port and fix all the +CONTENTS files.
>
> You should do this for each port that comes up with this problem. You
> might also consider using the --check-depends option.
>

> hope this helps,
>
> Doug

OK! Thank you Doug and Scot.

Here's what I did:

Portmaster --check-depends

I deleted all the dependencies that was not ok.

After that I reinstalled the ports that had had the wrong dependencies
and then I ran Portmaster --check-depends again and everything looked
good :-)

As Garrett points out, I would also very much like to know how did those
entries get in there??

/Leslie