mplayer from SVN

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 29 20:23:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009, Michal Varga wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Sean C. Farley <scf at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> I am jumping randomly into the thread.
>>
>> If we want to use some type of "release" for MPlayer based upon a
>> snapshot from svn, how about using the same snapshot as used in
>> Fedora (actually RPM Fusion)[1]?  It has the advantages of already
>> being created, tested(?) and easier to track bugs that users of
>> Fedora may have already faced.
>>
> This is an interesting idea, though there may be one issue. Do we know
> how Fedora people create those snapshots? Let's say, hypothetically,
> there are two different output drivers in mplayer's SVN tree - let's
> name them CoolOutput_Linux and CoolOutput_BSD. Can we be sure that
> Fedora guys simply don't strip out the parts that they can't/will
> never use, so we end up with a snapshot package that lacks
> CoolOutput_BSD?

In the source RPM, there is the script they use to generate the tar
file.  There are also a few patches in the RPM separate from the tar
file.  It looked like the tar file is missing a few pieces of libraries
distributed separately.  We probably already have (some of) them in the
ports tree.  I only glanced at the file; I did not inhale.  :)

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org