Sound on rdesktop client and 8.0-stable

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Tue Dec 29 00:42:57 UTC 2009

Since upgrading my system to 8.0-stable (from 7.2-stable) I no longer get
sound on my FreeBSD system when connecting to my Windows 7 system via
rdesktop.

I start rdesktop like this:

    rdesktop -r sound:local ...

and this was working on 7.2-stable. Now all I get is silence. Is anyone else
experiencing this?

My system's uname output is:

FreeBSD luke.immure.com 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #31: Mon Dec 28 12:34:17 CST 2009     bob at luke.immure.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LUKE  amd64

[Note that other X applications, pidgin to name one, output sounds]

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox                  Nothing will ever be attempted
bob at immure.com               if all possible objections must be first overcome.