Ports marked as IGNORE - (cups-pdf) & (urlview) why - how long?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 14:29:16 UTC 2009

David Southwell wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:23:58AM +0000, David Southwell wrote:

>> Strange, but you can try to figure out what happening at pointyhat:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/simon@olofsson.de-date.html
>>
> Maybe it was failing for pointhat - but certainly did not fail on my  Freebsd
> p3 amd64 (Intel Quad core). It was after I  upgraded to 2.5.0 that it was
> labelled as broken.
>
> I have removed the Broke line from Makefile. It compiles without compalining
> but I have not tried to deinstall/reinstall in case I break the appl.
>
> Comments please?

Looks like the problem would have been fixed in PR ports/141375, which modified
the cups-base port to create the directory in question.  As that fix was applied
on the 12th at 19:39 and the last pointyhat test on cups-pdf appears to have been
on the same day at 20:57 I reckon pointyhat just missed getting the fix for at
least one of its test cases by about >< that much.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
                                                  Kent, CT11 9PW