ioquake3 support more platforms

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:29:12 UTC 2009

>On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 02:50:31PM +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
>> So when I submitted ioquake3-1.36 I condemned some poor committer
>> to read 366609 lines of code?
>
>We expect them to test-install the initial code to make sure it's
>not malware.
>
>We expect them to scan the diffs to make sure the system isn't rooted.

>What's your alternate suggestion?  Just let everyone commit whatever
>they want and hope for the best?

Aren't the two of you talking at cross-purposes here?  It seems to me
that the OP is looking for a way to update a port to a distfile
created from a snapshot of project sources -- not in the sense of
sources that are recreated each and every build by fetching a snapshot
from a remote VCS, but an actual tarball that has been audited,
checksummed, and uploaded to a project server.  Surely this is needed
for a few ports, including some now in the tree?

Regards,
              b.