ioquake3 support more platforms

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Fri Dec 18 06:57:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 04:48:43PM +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> A committer explained to me that he doesn't want to deal with SVN
> snapshot based ports. Is that a common attitude and what should
> I do to remedy this?

Well, the problem is that we (FreeBSD) can't guarantee whether the
contents of a resulting package are secure or not, or really, what
the contents are at all.  I personally would only be comfortable with
a default setting of NO_PACKAGE in this case.  Individual users could
manually override it.

I don't know if there is a formal policy about such ports.  Probably,
there ought to be.

mcl