portmaster-with-package-support release candidate available for testing

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 21:36:29 UTC 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 05:55:09 Alberto Villa wrote:
> good... thanks for listening to me! i could have some question/suggestion
> about --packages-build and --delete-build-only in the future, but i need
>  some real usage to test it, now...

hello again :)

here's my question/suggestion: i install port A which has a build only
dependency on B; B has a run dependency on C. if i use --packages-build (--
delete-build-only as well), shouldn't C be installed from a package (deleted
at the end, as well)? have a look at http://pastebin.ca/1718723 for an
example: textproc/p5-XML-Parser should be pkg_added (and removed) imho
perhaps it's just too difficult to implement, or you don't have time... tell
us if you need more funding. apparently, it shouldn't be a hard task...

thanks anyway for the work you've done so far, portmaster is performing
greatly on my fresh 9-current! :)
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>
http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/AlbertoVilla

Basic, n.: A programming language. Related to certain social diseases in that
those who have it will not admit it in polite company.