tetex and texlive port

Marc Lagrange rhaamo at gruik.at
Mon Dec 14 14:35:22 UTC 2009

On 14/déc - 08:53, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> 2009/12/12 Frank Staals <frank at fstaals.net>:
> > Anh Ky Huynh wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I often use TeXLive instead of teTeX which isn't been developed anymore.
> >> After I remove teTeX from system, I encounter some problems when
> >> building/upgrading ports. For example, _evince_, _lyx_ couldn't be built
> >> without teTeX. (In fact, evince and lyx can be used with TeXLive.)
> >>

> > I have been running TexLive with FreeBSD for quite some time now, I used the
> > ports from http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/ and I did not encounter
> > problems building/installing Evince, and I only have texlive ports
> > installed.
> >

> I second this, I use the texlive ports from this url for a while now
> on both i386 and amd64. Romain has done (and still does :) ) a really
> great job in texlive porting, I really don't understand why is it not
> merged in the ports tree yet.
>
> I use portshaker to merge the texlive tree with freebsd's ports tree
> it works like a charm.
>
> Thanks Romain for this job, hope to see it integrated soon.
>
> regards,
> Bapt

I use texlive ports from Romain and works perfect here.

It seems to exist for a long time now... Why not merged in ports now ?

 _          Marc Lagrange - rhaamo at gruik.at
( )         Projects : https://tux-atome.fr         [ ][*][ ]
 X          Blog : http://rhaamo.li                 [ ][ ][*]
/ \         www.asciiribbon.org Stop HTML mails.    [*][*][*]