portmaster-with-package-support release candidate available for testing

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 00:53:10 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 01 December 2009 23:44:44 Doug Barton wrote:
> --packages-build
> 	For packages that are ONLY listed as build dependencies for the ports
> being updated in this run, download packages if available.

i'm not completely sure i've understood how this works. please, put some
light on these two cases:
- i install port A, which depends on B and C (both run dependencies); B
depends on C (build dependency). B is installed first: then, is C installed
from a package or from the port? according to you, it should be installed from
the port (i'm sorry, i wasn't able to test this), and that would be the
correct behaviour
- i install explicitly port A and B; A depends on B (build dependency). B is
installed first: is it installed from a package? that's what i'm seeing (try
to install devel/gmake along with a port which requires it), and i don't think
this is the correct behaviour

> --delete-build-only
> 	For packages/ports that are ONLY listed as build dependencies for the
> ports being updated in this run, delete them when the run is over.

it's still building, then i don't know if the second case above (gmake's case)
will work correctly

> Enjoy,

thank you so much for working on this! now portmaster has... just...
everything! i'll give my contribution as soon as possible!
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>
http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/AlbertoVilla

Coincidence, n.: You weren't paying attention to the other half of what was
going on.