sshd on FBSD 8.0-RC2/3

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed Dec 2 21:08:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Mark Linimon wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:16:29PM -0800, Jim Pazarena wrote:
>> Is there any way of getting this rolled into the upcoming 8.0 Release ?
>
> waaaaaaay too late.

  While unfortunate, I understand why.  I think FreeBSD should encourage
  people who use OpenSSL for anything (ssh, etc) that they install OpenSSL
  via ports, set WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=YES and recompile apps/ports that use it.

  The renegotiate bug that 0.9.8l fixes seems important enough to upgrade.
  I'm sure the FreeBSD team has already planned/done this for 8.1.

Beckman