Dovecot Sieve port switched from CMU Sieve to Dovecot

Yarema yds at CoolRat.org
Thu Aug 27 17:47:45 UTC 2009

RW wrote:
> When I upgraded my ports yesterday Dovecot deliver stopped working. It
> appears that not only has the sieve plugin been upgraded, but it's
> switched from the CMU version to Dovecot's own implementation.
>
> This should be documented in UPDATING - it's not covered by the
> previous Dovecot note.
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Migration_from_CMUSieve

Yes, I made a note regarding this in the PR to update mail/dovecot-sieve:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=137935

Also, Wesley added a note to UPDATING when he committed the update to
dovecot-1.2.3 on 20090815.  Maybe we need another note specific to the
dovecot-sieve port and a link to its own docs:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Migration_from_CMUSieve

--
Yarema